Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Get the creative juices flowing
What gets your creative juices flowing? When I've hit a block, my primary action is to read a book in my TBR pile. There's nothing like curling up with a great story to motivate me to write. Living in the pages of an engaging tale - YUM! I love it.

Here are some other ideas I've used to get the creative juices flowing again:
  1. Write a poem.
  2. Write anything for a set amount of time. Start with a minute or five minutes. Write whatever comes to mind. Don't edit.
  3. Write a letter. With the popularity of email, letter writing as decreased greatly. What better way to keep in practice?
  4. Random drawing. Become a kid again.
  5. Look at a photo and describe it.
  6. Take a walk. This benefit is two-fold. Gets the creativity going and makes you exercise at the same time. Like I always say, once you get out there you have to get back home.
  7. Practice yoga. I love yoga. Focusing on your movements and breathing really forces the clutter from your mind.
  8. Sleep. Think about your story right before going to sleep. I've used this a lot. Most times when I awake, I'll know what needs to happen next.
What are some things that work for you?
posted by Liz @ 8:38 AM  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Yahoo! Avatars Home: Southern State, United States
About Me: I'm shy...seriously!
See my complete profile

What I'm Reading

    Photobucket

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by



Jodici Designs
Jodici Designs