Sunday, March 25, 2007
5 Things about Getting Older
Recently, The Miami Herald carried an article entitled 5 Things You Didn't Know About Getting Older.
  1. Mounting Health Risk. Alzheimer's disease now surpasses diabetes, influenza and pneumonia as a cause of death for people age 65 and older.
  2. Average life span is now 77.6 years.
  3. Eat less to Life Longer.
  4. It's expensive. In the past decade, average prescription costs have tripled from $542 in 1992 to $1,750 in 2002.
  5. How long will you live? Get an idea from the Life Expectancy Calendar.
This is all well and good information to know (perhaps all but the life expectancy). Do you really want to know how many days you have left? What if there's a computer glitch and you actually have longer to live than you think. When informed of the glitch while standing in front of the judge because of a crime of passion you committed after learning of your impending demise, will you demand a do-over?

Hmm, I think I'll keep on my current schedule and be surprised when I discover time up because as we all know...worry ages. LOL

posted by Liz @ 7:31 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At March 28, 2007 5:26 PM, Blogger Terry Spear/Terry Lee Wilde said…

    Hey, Liz,
    I took a chance just checking out whether I might be Viking berserker material or not! Didn't make it. But I definitely don't want to know my life expectancy! :)

    Probably it's a good thing I'm not a Viking berserker either. :)

     
  • At March 28, 2007 6:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Getting older? It's got its pros and cons, but I don't want to think about it. Uggh! ;-)

    Thanks for stopping by!

    Paz

     
  • At April 02, 2007 7:31 PM, Blogger Pamela Tyner said…

    I love the knowledge and wisdom that comes with getting older, but I sure do hate the physical effects!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Yahoo! Avatars Home: Southern State, United States
About Me: I'm shy...seriously!
See my complete profile

What I'm Reading

    Photobucket

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Template by



Jodici Designs
Jodici Designs